The Richmond Planning Commission is a seven (7) member body whose members are appointed by the Mayor of Richmond with concurrence of the City Commission. In accordance with the requirements of K.R.S. 100, the planning commission has the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of the comprehenisve plan
- Review and revisions to the comprehensive plan
- Review and action upon all application for the subdivision of land
- Review and make recommendations to the appropriate governmental body on all applications for amendments to the land use regulations and official land usemap.
- File certificates of land use restrictions